Dr. Bonnie's Supplements and Herbs
My Supplement Philosophy
I love food, the way it tastes, the connection to family - to holidays - to celebration - to relaxation… AND I believe in food as medicine. Food is definitely one of the biggest foundational health tools I use in my own life and recommend to my patients.
Sadly, the nutrients in food are simply not enough to support health at the level I am seeking for myself and my community. Not even when you eat an abundance of organically grown veggies – in a rainbow of colors – carefully prepared to bring out the maximum of their phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals. Here’s why:
- Quality of your food depends on the quality of soil, air and water. Poor farming practices and pollution have overall decreased dirt, air and water quality.
- Chemicals in the environment from air pollution, water contamination, and food processing require more nutrients to eliminate and compensate for health effects.
For these two reasons, supplements are great tools that fill in the gaps and help you build resilience despite an unprecedented exposure to toxic chemicals.
Dr. Bonnie's Picks on Fullscript
How to order:
- click the link below and set up an account
- from your homepage, go to Catalog
- there you can see my protocols as well as my vetted favorites
- follow the steps for ordering and you are all set
Getting sick is not all bad...
... it does help educate and challenge your immune response and is not generally harmful unless you have an underlying health risk or are elderly and frail. The goal is for quick recovery, 3-5 days, and full recovery, no lasting symptoms.
Your immune system is complex and not only includes white blood cells, cytokines and hormones but also the gut microbiome, skin, the mucus barrier in the nose, mouth and gut, the nervous system, sex organs and bones. Foods, herbs, spices and nutrients all support these systems and shape your immunity.Free Immune Handout
- Up to 10x more toxic than other types of air pollution
- Worsens any underlying lung condition including asthma, COPD, and chronic bronchitis and pneumonia
- Can increase risk of a heart attach for vulnerable people
- Contributes to cancer risk
- Can cause infertility and pregnancy complications
Supplements on Fullscript
There are many supplements in the supplement recommendation from the NAEM handout attached above. They have all been carefully researched and have been shown to be effective at mitigating the toxic impact of Wildfire Smoke. Depending on your exposure level and your underlying health, you may benefit from a few of these products rather than trying to take them all. Please consult your doctor for personalized recommendations.